Better Energy Communities is an Energy Efficiency Grant Scheme available through the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and administered by Tipperary Energy Agency in partnership with NTLP (North Tipperary Leader Partnership)
Better Energy Communities grant aid is available:
- Up to 50% funding to community facilities – community halls, resource centres, schools, sports clubs etc.
- Up to 30% funding for private sector – SME’s, large commercial buildings, private nursing homes and Hotels.
- Co-funding with other eligible grant sources may also be possible (e.g. TCC Scheme of Capital Grants for Community Facilities & Amenities)
Examples of the measures which are eligible for grant aid include:
- Insulation Upgrades
- Lighting Upgrades
- Renewable Energy
- Heating Upgrades (incl wood boilers or heat pumps)
- Window/door upgrades
- Motor/compressor replacements (process)
- Ventilation and refrigeration
Tipperary Energy Agency has vast experience in successfully delivering community energy projects under this Renewable Energy Funding scheme. Recent work includes projects in primary schools, leisure centres, community & resource centres, libraries, a business park, and sports clubs.
Recent Projects include:
- St Oliver Plunkett National School, Clonmel – Heating & heating controls, Windows/Doors upgrade, wall and attic insulation & lighting
- Moyne Athletic Club – Energy efficient lighting with smart controls
- Nenagh Scouts Hall – Roof Insulation, destratification fans
- Youghlara National School – Insulation (external), Airtightness, Heat Pump, heat recovery ventilation, PV panels
Tipperary Energy Agency is holding a information event in Cahir on October 23 and Nenagh on October 24 2017. They have helped numerous schools, sports clubs and community groups and more access this funding.
Registration is essential. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to attend a information event.
Please complete the Expression of Interest form with more about your project here or call the office on 052 7443090
The post Tipperary Energy Agency Better Energy Communities Grant Scheme appeared first on Green Business.