Tipperary Green Business Network, in association with Tipperary Energy Agency held a seminar entitled “Ireland’s Energy Challenge – Community Solutions” which was held in Cashel on March 6th. The event received a lot of interest and was well attended by individuals from various energy backgrounds.
The event featured presentations from researchers, policy makers, and representatives from the local government as well as speakers on exemplar community energy initiatives and businesses in Ireland.
The objectives of the seminar were to engage interested individuals and community representatives in discussion on current and future energy policy in Ireland and help influence the shape of the White Paper on Energy currently being drafted. Below are the presentation slides.We will be uploading videos of each presentation as they are available.
- Paul Kenny – Ireland’s Energy Use and the Challenge See video here
- Errol Close – Decarbonisation Policy and Co-ordination See video here
- Edel Grace – Keeper Kilcommon Upperchurch Wind Awareness Group
- Dara O’Maoildhia – Comharchumann Fuinnimh Oileáin Árann See video here
- John Fogarty – Templederry Community Windfarm Lessons and Visions
- Tim McSwiney – Kerry Turning Green to Gold
- Mike Pearson – Gurteen College
- Noel Byrne – Energy Retrofitting Ireland – one parish at a time
- Tom Larkin – Engineering Waste Into Sustainable Energy
Tipperary Green Business Network gratefully acknowledges financial and other assistance from The Local Enterprise Office, Tipperary (LEO), North Tipperary LEADER Partnership (NTLP), South Tipperary Development Company (STDC) and the Tipperary Energy Agency (TEA).
More photos can be viewed here