- This event has passed.
Wastewater treatment & valorisation of by-products, Horse & Jockey Hotel, Thurles
March 20 @ 8:00 am - 9:45 amFree
Tipperary Green Business Network are hosting a breakfast meeting on waste water treatment and valorisation of by-products on Wednesday 20th March in the Horse & Jockey Hotel, Thurles.
Attendance to the event is free and is open to all businesses across all sectors.
This event is supported by Tipperary County Council as part of its involvement in the EU INTERREG EUROPE part-funded “SUPER” project www.interregeurope.eu\super
08:00 Registration and breakfast
08:30 Introduction – Barry O’Donovan, Tipperary Green Business Network chairperson
08:40 SUPER project – Michael Moroney, Tipperary County Council
08:50 John Durkan, ABP Food Group, will provide his insight in the following areas:
- Characterise the effluent – volume, BOD, COD etc.
- Discharge consent
- River – assimilative capacity
- Potential treatment processes
- By-product characterisation
- Potential uses
- Potential waste water treatment
- Valorisation of by-products
- Nutrient recovery
- Nutrient management and land spreading
- 09:30 Discussion of next steps and follow-up training/workshop – format, content, location, etc.
09:45 Event Finish
The focus of this event and the follow-up training is to understand the challenges and opportunities facing businesses in the areas outlined above. We aim to provide information on how best to manage waste streams and add value to your business.