EcoMerit for SME’s
EcoMerit for Small & Medium Enterprises (SME’s)
€coMerit has been designed specifically with SME’s in mind. Large companies often have a dedicated Environmental Manager and can afford the luxury of an ISO 14001 environmental certification. Smaller companies have no less of a need to control their energy, waste and water costs – but do need to achieve this with a much smaller budget.
What Do I Get?
- An environmental advisor who will help you find savings in your energy, waste and water costs (and a money-back performance guarantee)
- A three-year environmental certification, backed by the Environmental Protection Agency and our other partner organisations
- Annual visits to seek further cost savings and support continuous improvement
- Access to support and advice on energy, waste & water issues
- Regular €coMerit Members’ Newsletters
- Published environmental performance data for €coMerit organisations as a whole (while your individual performance remains confidential to you)
Our typical fee is €400 + VAT. (with a money-back performance guarantee)
€coMerit member companies identify average annual savings of over €5,000.
What Do I Need?
The requirements for achieving €coMerit certification are the same core requirements as for any recognised certification scheme for environmental management systems. In brief, you must have;
- An Environmental Policy (which we will help draft for you)
- An Improvement Plan ( which results from your EcoCert review visit)
- Performance Monitoring (e.g. utilities usage)
- A Commitment to Pollution Prevention (we don’t want to certify irresponsible companies)
Your €coMerit advisor will help you with each of these requirements, and will draft most of the paperwork for you. The paperwork is in any case absolutely minimal, and usually amounts to no more than five pages. €coMerit is designed around results, not paper.
The full €coMerit requirements, and guidance notes on how they can be readily met, can be found on the €coMerit application form.
How do I apply?
Just fill out the application form and email it to us. We will contact you and take it from there.
What is the Process?
Read the process here
See slide presentation given by Phil Walker at Resource Efficiency Workshop organised by Tipperary Green Business Network and Southern Waste Management Region Project here