ABP Food Group
ABP is one of Europe’s leading agri-business companies employing more than 10,000 people, across 46 processing sites in eight countries. Some 35,000 farmers supply ABP including over 10,000 in the Republic of Ireland.
ABP is Ireland’s largest processor and exporter of grass-fed beef sourced from Irish farmers, producing animals reared on Ireland’s green pastures. The company is a founding member of Origin Green and is recognised globally for supplying high-quality Ultra-Tender beef for the retail, food service and manufacturing sectors throughout Europe, USA, Africa and Asia. More than 200 Michelin starred restaurants serve ABP Beef as key elements of their menus. All beef supplied by ABP are DNA traceable to their farm of origin.
Sustainability is a key driver in our business. Our sustainability programme extends from the farm to the factory and beyond. Our targets are based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals and are against a base year of 2008.
ABP has pledged to achieve the following goals
- Reduce our water consumption by 10% by 2030
- Reduce electricity consumption by 10% by 2030
- Reduce food waste by 50% by 2030
- 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable by 2025
We are also committed to achieving the following targets against a 2016 base year:
- Reduce scope 1&2 GHG emissions by 27% by 2030 (against a 2016 base year)
- Reduce scope 3 GHG emissions by 17% by 2030 (against a 2016 base year)